Arrival at Oslo from your home airport. Overnight stay at the Radisson Blu Airport Hotel.
Onward flight from Oslo to Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen, the port of departure of our journey. You have time to explore the city before we leave for the Isfjord shortly before sunset.
3rd to 8th day:
Along the west coast of Spitsbergen the journey leads up to the remote islands in the north. In the 22 km deep Kongsfjord, framed by rugged, high mountains, you will not only find lush flora such as the bright yellow flowering arnica or the dwarf gentian, but also arctic foxes and Spitsbergen reindeer. At the southern end, the northernmost permanently occupied civil research station in the world, Ny-Ålesund, awaits you. Since 1966 meteorological and above all climatic research has been carried out there by international institutes, since 1991 also permanently by the German Alfred Wegener Institute. In Krossfjord, 30 kilometres to the north, spectacular glaciers are waiting for you, thundering ice falls calving into the sea. The Gulf Stream makes it possible: Even in the north of Spitsbergen, the Liefdefjord, a branch of the Woodfjord, remains ice-free in summer and allows you to admire the up to 40-metre-high edge of the gigantic Monaco glacier. The traces of trappers bear witness to past hunts on the rich fauna. Today you can see polar bears there with a high probability.
If the weather and the ice conditions allow it, we will reach the northern islands. Nordaustlandet with the Augustbukta could become the destination of the journey. Or Phippsøya, which is even more to the north. Everywhere you can meet ringed seals, walruses, polar bears, arctic foxes or reindeer. Ice and wind determine the route up here.
Disembarkation in Longyearbyen with transfer to the airport and return flight to Oslo. Overnight at Radisson Blu Airport Hotel.
Return flight to your home airport.
Services included in the tour price
- Expedition program on board the "Cape Race" as described,
- Scheduled flights with Lufthansa / SAS Scandinavian Airlines from / to Germany, Switzerland or Austria in economy class via Oslo to Longyearbyen and back,
- Overnight stay (including breakfast) at the Radisson Blu Airport Hotel Oslo on the outward and return journey,
- Full board on board,
- Shore excursions with rubber dinghies, German-speaking tour guide,
- Travel guides, airport taxes.
Not included in tour price
- alcoholic beverages and soft drinks during the
- Meals (except breakfast) and drinks on arrival and departure,
- Travel insurance,
- Tips and personal expenses.
- Minimum number of participants: eight persons, cancellation if the minimum number of participants is not reached at least two months before the start of the trip.
- All planned landings are subject to local weather and ice conditions. The itinerary and programme are subject to change without notice.
- The completion of various questionnaires is mandatory.
We are obliged to point out that this trip is generally not suitable for persons with reduced mobility. Please contact us in individual cases.
Accommodation in a double cabin
with own shower/WC
Price per person: 7950 Euro
Accommodation in a single cabin
with own shower/WC
Price per person: 8850 Euro